Pants or trousers are clothes that cover the hip and legs of the human body. Different from other types of clothing like skirts or dresses that cover both legs together, pants cover the two legs separately.
Pants generally extend from the waist to the ankles and have long pant legs covering the entire legs. However, pants are also available as "shorts" with pant legs ending above or shortly below the knee.
Normally, pants is a generic term referring to all kinds of trousers including denim jeans. In fashion, however, jeans is often taken as a product group of its own, while pants generally refers to trousers which are not made from denim, but from other types of woven or knitted fabrics or from leather, or to trousers made from denim which do not have the normal form of a jeans, for example shorts and jumpsuits.
Diesel further has an own product group jumpsuits for women, whereas jumpsuits for men are included in the product group pants.
- ↑ The word "pants" in the meaning of trousers mainly is used in American English, while it generally means underwear in the UK.
- Men's apparel fall winter 2015 preview
- Women's apparel fall winter 2015 preview
- Men's Black Gold pre-fall 2015 resort
- Women's Black Gold pre-fall 2015 resort